Do you know … Bulgaria? The city of Varna? The Black Sea? Certainly. These destinations have long been known as tourist destinations. However, not so the Historical Park Varna, just recently opened in 2019. Not far from the Black Sea coast, a generous area has been opened up where visitors can experience the history of Bulgaria, from the first Balkan peoples to the Second Bulgarian Kingdom. In addition to reconstructions of famous architectural masterpieces, there are also tournaments, adventure workshops, (animal) demonstrations and much more to be seen and experienced. Of course, you may also try authentic traditional Bulgarian cuisine or stay in a typical Bulgarian house.
I would have loved to go and see the Park for myself, however, its opening came at the same time as our sweet little son, born in May this year 😉 it only means we will have to go together with him in one of the next years I guess ..!
In the meantime …
… the following bloggers have been at the Historical Park Varna and shared their experiences from Bulgaria: CitySeaCountry, Kofferpacken, TravelTelling, AnitaAufReisen as well as Teilzeitreisen.
They have written truly insightful travel stories taking you from the Historical Park Varna across Bulgaria and to such interesting places as Veliko Tarnovo, Madera and the capital city Sofia.
- “Historischer Park”: Die Geschichte von Bulgarien erleben
- 9 Sehenswürdigkeiten in Bulgarien für Individualreisende
- Historischer Park in der Nähe von Varna, Bulgarien
- YouTube Video Roadtrip Bulgarien – Tipps quer durch das Land
- Eine Zeitreise durch die Geschichte Bulgariens
- Bulgarien für Naturliebhaber
- Mit dem Mietwagen durch Bulgarien: Hilfreiche Tipps für einen Roadtrip
Check out my own travel stories from Bulgaria from a trip taken in early 2018:
- Plovdiv will be European Capital of Culture in 2019: Start planning your next trip to Bulgaria!
- Travel through Bulgaria: Troyan, Veliko Tarnovo, Gabrovo & meeting all those local artisans.
- 48 hours in Sofia: Enjoy a winter city trip to Bulgaria!
And you, when will you go to Bulgaria and visit the Historical Park in Varna?