During the past five years, I have not only published hundreds of travel stories on my bilingual travel blog, but also three actual books. (Hoping there’ll be even more in the future!). One of them is written in my native German language, the other two in English – mostly in order to be recognised worldwide, as they both talk about the international trend of creative travel in cultural travel around the globe.
“Sprachen Lernen, Sprachen Leben”
In 2019, I have published the last of my books called “Sprachen Lernen, Sprachen Leben” (Learning Languages, Living Languages) supported by the Austrian branch of the language travel company EF Education First. It contains many tips & tricks for successful language acquisition, as well as entertaining stories from my life as a multilingual globetrotter: How come I now speak so many languages fluently (a total of seven: Besides my native language German, there’s English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Catalan and Italian)? What is the best way to learn (and keep up) languages in general? How to maintain an adequate level for business trips, personal holidays, and other language projects?
Check out the EF Education First website for a free download of my eBook about languages.
There are even more inspiring language & culture travel stories shared on my blog:
- Soaking up Portugal: Fairy Tales for real: PORTUGAL.
- A Catalan Culture Trip: Catalonia is not Spain! My take on culture travel #InCostaBrava
- About studying Italian in Italy: Learning Italian in Italy? Ci vediamo a Salerno!
- Culture Travel stories from Japan: Memoirs of a (Maiko) Geisha: A Touching Picture Tale from Japan
- Culture Travel stories from Nepal: Food & Faces of Nepal: Culture Travel in Kathmandu City & Sankhu Village
- Culture Travel stories from New Zealand: The Tongariro Crossing: New Zealand’s most popular day walk … in Maori!
The Creative Traveler’s Handbook
In 2015, I have written and published the first-ever guide book on creative travel worldwide, called “The Creative Traveler’s Handbook“. Chock full of inspiratinal stories, travel tips and advice, it offers everything you need for planning and managing your next creative escape, addressing beginners and experienced travelers alike. It has appeared as the ninth in a series of books called “The Traveler’s Handbooks” and provides you with:
- Ways to plan your upcoming creative escape.
- When & where to go for creative travel.
- The best spots for various creative pursuits.
- How to follow up on your passion after your trip.
- Travel stories and tips from leading international authors and long-term travelers.
“Traveling for us means delving deeply into a culture and a different way of life. We always try to look beyond widespread clichés about a country and its people when traveling. Creative traveling provides us with exactly this. There is no better way to travel than by actively participating in the life and culture of the people you visit. Elena impressively explains this in The Creative Traveler”s Handbook. Her book is a great guide on how to plan your own creative travels.” (Monika Fuchs, Reisebloggerin & Reisejournalistin bei TravelWorldOnline.de)
“The Creative Traveler’s Handbook is just as passionately written as Elena is about creative travel on her blog creativelena.com. The Handbook gives you a unique angle of traveling around the world and being creative and should be added as a travel necessity when you go abroad and you are looking for something new, inspiring and creative.” (Erik van Erp, AroundTheGlobe.nl)
“Even though I have only recently got to know Elena, I can vouch for her commitment to the ‘creative travel cause’. She is a larger than life persona and this passion is translated into the way she writes her book. I hope you can enjoy it as much as I did.” (Nelson Carvalheiro, NelsonCarvalheiro.com)
In addition, the following reviews have already been shared:
- Austrian GASTRO Portal: “Kreativität rund um den Globus: Elena Paschinger’s Abenteuer in Buchform” & “Mehrfach um die Welt als Kreativ-Reisende“
- “Travelstories-Reiseblog” by Sabine Mey: “The Creative Traveler’s Handbook’ von Elena Paschinger“
- “The Travel Tester” Travel Blog by Nienke Krook: “The Creative Traveler’s Handbook Book Review: How And Why You Travel Is As Important As Where You Go“
To further trace all the emotions, inspiration & feedback I have received from YOU, my dear readers, I have started curating a new series of blog posts called the #StoriesOfMyReaders. Read more about what each and everyone of you have to say about “The Creative Traveler’s Handbook” here:
- #StoriesOfMyReaders: The Creative Traveler’s Handbook in Kathmandu, Madeira & Tirol
- #StoriesOfMyReaders: The Creative Traveler’s Handbook in Cape Town, Krems & London
- #StoriesOfMyReaders: Book Reviews from Amsterdam, Barcelona & Belo Horizonte
- #StoriesOfMyReaders: Book Reviews from Graz, Lisbon & London
- #StoriesOfMyReaders: Book Reviews from Barcelona, Düsseldorf & Eindhoven
- #StoriesOfMyReaders: Introducing YOUR story & The Creative Traveler’s Handbook
I wish you happy reading & lots more creative travels!
Your own copy of “The Creative Traveler’s Handbook”
As a travel writer, I am naturally on the move. Watch out for when & where you will see me next: I always carry at least some copies of the book myself, ready to be personally signed & handed over to you!
Besides, “The Creative Traveler’s Handbook” is available for sale through the following (online) retailers:
- Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.de, among others: Please check your respective country for all further details as to availability and shipping. I shall gladly assist you wherever I can.
- Barnes & Noble, IndieBound and Waterstones.
- “Livraria Lello“, Porto’s famous book shop in the heart of this charming city in northern Portugal. Be sure to make your way there when travelling to Portugal!
- The eBook version is slightly less expensive, working with all current formats and readers. Click here to order yours now!
Following the successful publication of my first book on #CreativeTravel, I have subsequently worked with the Catalan tourism authority Costa Brava Pirineu Girona in 2017 in order to publish yet another book on creative cultural travel: #CreativeTravel #inCostaBrava. Since both # hashtags are used extensively around the globe, it made sense to use them for the ebook’s actual title. In it, you will find a lot of creative travel tips on the whole Costa Brava region north of Barcelona, in the hinterland of the coast as well as in the capital city Girona. My travel guide is supplemented by numerous tips for (creative) overnight stays and restaurants, so that you can plan your next trip in all comfort and style.
Click here for a free download: https://ebooks.costabrava.org/ebook/creative-travel-incostabrava.