“We knew straight away that we wanted to welcome you in Baden on this very weekend”, Klaus Lorenz tells us. Klaus is head of tourism of the city of Baden and always up for a joke (or two). He really enjoys hosting us to the splendour of his city, a city known for its imperial charm far across the regional borders.
The annual celebration #BadenInWeiss is unique in the whole of Austria. More than 30.000 guests take to the streets of an imperial city that has not lost a single ounce of its charm of old.
“This weekend, a special law passes”, Klaus tells us with a wink. “The party officially continues until 2.00 a.m.!” We laugh and join the party, all dressed in white: My friends & fellow travel writers from Germany & Austria are clearly enjoying themselves to #BadenInWeiss too. Baden beckons gourmet travellers, complete with a short Kaiserschmarren-Demo (yes!), a foodie hike through the famous Vienna Forests, chillaxing at the historic Roman Spa or at Baden Beach (!), Dinner & Casino as well as a most beautiful picnic in the rose garden of Baden. The so-called “Rosarium” is home to more than 30.000 single roses! “That’s just as many visitors as Baden welcomes on this weekend”, I think to myself, smiling, while enjoying the way my light summer dress floats around my hips. At almost 40°C, I am really grateful for the city’s motto #BadenInWeiss, and ever so impressed by the white, happy vibes. Check this out.
Next up, I’ll tell you even more about the many gourmet travel tips & moments of happiness in the Roman spa town of Baden, a place with a history of several thousand years! Not too long ago, I have visited and written about my stay in the area called Thermenregion Wienerwald, including Baden. Apart from my own home town Krems, the area around Baden really counts as one of the prettiest spots of Lower Austria!
Check out more colourful travel tips & inspiring photography or videos about Baden here:
- Monika & Petar Fuchs: “TravelWorldOnline“: “Sommer-Bilder aus Baden bei Wien” & “Stilvolles Hotel Herzoghof Baden nahe dem Casino Baden“
- Monique Hasselbach: “Teilzeitreisender“
- Angelika Mandler: “Wiederunterwegs“: “Der Herzoghof in Baden: Hoteltipp für eine Überlandpartie” & “Gute Gründe für eine Überlandpartie – Nach Baden bei Wien.“
- Jessica Koch: “Fernweh und so“: “Das süße Nichtstun in Baden bei Wien” & “Gib schon her den Schmarren! – Eine ganz besondere Show in Baden bei Wien“
- Christina Leuthner & Thomas Posch: “City Sea Country: Genussreisetipps für Baden bei Wien” & “Mountain Biking im Wienerwald: Die Lindkogel-Strecke von Baden aus“
- Katja Wegener: “Wellspa-Portal“
- Tanja Klindworth: “Wellnessbummler”
- Denise Steiner: “Over The Top by Chris – Baden In Weiss” & “What to do in Baden bei Wien”
Disclaimer: We have been invited by Casino Urlaub as well as the city of Baden for an experience of #BadenInWeiss. All opinions are my own.